Sunday 12 April 2009

Next steps

The next stage in my application is to get the A* / D* pathfinding working properly. Once this is in place i can move onto the behaviour types to get them working and then finally I can start to see some results from my research.

Also have started working away on the dissertation. According to Dr Ozveren I should have been started on this long ago, but I still feel pretty confident that I will be able to complete this within the time frame available. My literature review is pretty much finished and I have had a few drafts at various pieces of the write up so far. None worthy of posting here mind you :P

I have prepared some screenshots in the next post which detail the different mapviews. The first screen shot is the default view for the user. The entire map can be seen and the agents also can be seen on their respective tiles. The 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th screenshots all show the different maps stored for each agent unit (each instance of the agent class) At the bottom of each screen shot you can see the placeholder texture for the GUI :p

The pathfinding is the last big challenge ahead of me, as this task will run in parallel with the behaviour programming of the agents. Its quite exciting to start nearing the finish of a project that was conceived before Christmas. Still however much has yet to be done. On with it !


No comments:

Post a Comment