Friday 14 November 2008

DON'T PANIC!!!111

I really have to question my sense of humour when i start to use lines from "Dad's Army" for an entry title, but oh well I guess nobody is perfect.

But seriously the proposal presentations are on Monday and I still have no firm idea of what my research question will be and what exactly I want to do (hence the panic). My idea's are mainly focused on the Artificial Neural Networks and Genetic Algorithm's i spoke of some time back, but I am very concerned about the feasibility of producing an application that utilises these techniques efficiently within the time frame. Dr Ozveren has said many times in the lectures this year that one of the biggest mistakes people make when it comes to their honours project, is that they attempt to undertake too much, and from my ideas I can definitely see that being an issue with my work.

At this minute I'm not really sure what to do, there is only so much reading I can do into a subject without settling on a field or topic in which to conduct my research this year. Ah well, even if the presentations are looming, I guess i still have a lot of time before the proposal itself is due :/ Back to the reading for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment