Wednesday 5 November 2008

Just had my first meeting and....

... It could have definitely gone better. Listening to some of the other guys ideas, I can tell their ideas are a whole lot focused than my own so far, and that I haven't done any where near the same amount of background reading or research. This is definitely something that needs to be worked on straight away.

Dr King had some interesting comments about my initial idea of a tactical AI that I hadn't thought about. He suggested maybe simplifying the scope of my research as my initial ideas cover so many broad subjects within the field of AI, but also to make the AI somewhat dynamic. What is meant by this, is that the AI is not so much set in its actions or routines, but that these can be altered through different stimuli. Another interesting thought was to have the decision making involved use a personality model in some way. Like to have the units vary in aggression or hostility throughout the level depending on what they encounter.

All in all the meeting was a very good eye opener, as I now believe that I have been far too complacent recently about the scale of this task at hand, so at least this will help me to focus on what needs to be done instead of all the fun ideas I have been having.

No comments:

Post a Comment